THE BEGINNING


person with DSWThe Christian Reformed Churches of Winnipeg founded Hope Centre Inc. in 1972 to provide ministry and outreach to people living in the north end of Winnipeg. The first programs included Sunday school for children and Bible studies for women.

 

The original location on Alfred Avenue was torn down in 1981. Using grant money from the City of Winnipeg, a new location was built at 240 Powers Street.

 

By 1983, the organization had grown so much that it was necessary to re-structure into Hope Centre Health Care, Hope Centre Ministries and Hope Centre Inc. (now Epic Opportunities). We share a common history and enjoy friendly relationships with these organizations, but we now operate independently. Eventually, our support services moved to their current location at 1644 Dublin Avenue.