We are currently looking for enthusiastic female role models who are passionate about getting involved in their community and helping people supported achieve their goals and develop their skills.
Details and requirements of the position include:
- The position is in the Sage Creek area of Winnipeg
- Individual must be available days, evenings and weekends
- Lift and transfer experience an asset
- Own transportation is necessary (bus service limited)
The successful applicant will be asked to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and both a Child and Adult Abuse Registry check upon hire at their own expense (in light of long processing times for these checks we encourage applicants to apply early – this will reduce wait time to begin employment).
- Disability and Community Support Diploma or Degree in Social Sciences is preferred
- Other related experience and education will be considered
- Experience supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities
- The ability to read, write and speak English fluently is necessary
- The ability to multitask, problem-solve and take initiative
- Creativity and the ability to be resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to maintain integrity in all situations
- Knowledge of the Vulnerable Persons Act is an asset
- Must have current valid First Aid Certification prior to beginning work (if successful)
- Valid Driver’s License and Access to a vehicle is an asset
Successful Candidates will be team players who demonstrate a positive attitude and the desire to support people with intellectual disabilities to reach their goals and be participating members of the community.
Starting wage $13.00 – $13.75 hourly, depending on qualifications. Shift premiums and competitive comprehensive benefits available for qualifying positions.
Please indicate in your cover letter “Residential (Sage Creek)” when applying for this position.
If you are interested in a career with Epic Opportunities we invite you to submit your resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Unit 200 – 1600 Ness Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3J 3W7, Fax (204) 560-2829 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.