We are currently looking for one energetic “morning” person to provide assistance to individuals living in their own homes during the week.
If you are an early riser, who enjoys starting your day with a smile and can provide assistance to others starting their day, then we need you!
Here are a few details you need to know:
- This position is in the Seven Oaks area
- Hours are Monday to Friday from 6am to 9am
The successful applicant will be asked to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and both a Child and Adult Abuse Registry check upon hire at their own expense (in light of long processing times for these checks we encourage applicants to apply early – this will reduce wait time to begin employment).
- Disability and Community Support Diploma or Degree in Social Sciences is preferred
- Other related experience and education will be considered
- Experience supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities
- The ability to read, write and speak English fluently is necessary
- The ability to multitask, problem-solve and take initiative
- Creativity and the ability to be resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to maintain integrity in all situations
- Knowledge of the Vulnerable Persons Act is an asset
- Must have current valid First Aid Certification prior to beginning work (if successful)
- Valid Driver’s License and Access to a vehicle is an asset
Successful Candidates will be team players who demonstrate a positive attitude and the desire to support people with intellectual disabilities to reach their goals and be participating members of the community.
Starting wage $13.00 – $13.75 hourly, depending on qualifications. Shift premiums and competitive comprehensive benefits available for qualifying positions.
Please indicate in your cover letter “MORNINGS” when applying for this position.
If you are interested in a career with Epic Opportunities we invite you to submit your resume with cover letter to Human Resources, 200 – 1600 Ness Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3J 3W7, Fax (204) 560-2829 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.