The HR Generalist is responsible for promoting HR practices and objectives that foster a productive culture in the organization that values diversity, empowerment, trust and respect for all. This position works to ensure all HR development initiatives align with organizational priorities and goals to meet our vision, mission and values. Contributing to day-to-day operations, the generalist administers HR programs, monitors Human Resource Information Systems, develops and implements employee retention and recognition strategies, monitors HR data & statistics, communicates and advises on employment standards, policy and procedure and labour relations, assists in recruitment and screening and engages in the on-boarding and training of employees. In addition, this role monitors and manages paid and protected leaves of absence; promoting a collaborative disability strategy that optimizes the health and productivity of the organization’s workforce through prevention, education, rehabilitation, work accommodation and return to work support. The HR Generalist is actively involved in networking, planning, administration and evaluation of HR services to contribute to the ongoing development of our workforce.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Relevant certificate or degree in Human Resource Management, preferred.
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation an asset.
- Two years’ experience in Human Resource Management, including exposure to leave of absence programs preferred.
- Experience in a human service setting an asset.
- Familiarity with Human Resource Information Systems and database systems an asset.
- Other combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, combined with the ability to be compassionate, understanding when dealing with employees during challenging situations.
- Ability to manage several projects at a time, be organized and set priorities in a fast-paced environment while working independently or in a team setting.
- Ability to use judgment and reasoning, balance strengths and weaknesses of different options; decide on the best course of action.
- Familiarity with employment standards, human rights and other legislative and legal requirements for employers.
- Experience with corporate wellness programming.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where compliance with legislation may or may not exist.
- Continuously be alert, precise and patient, have a good memory and the ability to concentrate.
- Be resourceful, a good listener, be creative and imaginative.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, online meeting platforms and audio/visual equipment.
- Ability to read and write correspondence in English.
- Commitment to excellence, with a team spirit and ability to educate others.
- Active commitment to ongoing personal development in HR field and continuous learning.
The successful applicant will be asked to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and both a Child and Adult Abuse Registry check upon hire at their own expense.
Salary: $33,280 – $41,787 per year, depending on education and experience.
Job Profile: human-resource-hr-generalist-2020
To apply for this position and become a part of the Epic Opportunities team send your resume with cover letter, outlining how you meet the job qualifications & stating your salary expectations by email to:
Attention Kristin Knockaert, Director of HR
Deadline for application: August 16, 2020
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.