Epic Opportunities has been proudly supporting adults with intellectual disabilities to reach their life goals and build connections to the community for 49 years.
Our employees give people the support to contribute to the community in valuable ways through living independently in their own homes, obtaining employment, building relationships and having equal access to opportunities that many take for granted.
What our employees do daily will vary depending on the personal goals and interests of the person or people they are assisting. Some things you could do in your role of a disability support worker include;
- Assistance to develop lasting friendships with neighbors, peers and others
- Exploring areas of interest that expand community involvement
- Assistance with skill development
- Providing people with information to make their own choices
- Assisting people through difficult life situations
- Assistance in maintaining a personal home
- Meal preparation
- Medication administration
- Attending professional appointments
- The ability to read, write and speak English fluently is necessary
- The ability to multitask, problem-solve and take initiative
- Creativity and the ability to be resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to maintain integrity in all situations
The successful applicant will be asked to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and both a Child and Adult Abuse Registry check upon hire at their own expense (in light of long processing times for these checks we encourage applicants to apply early – this will reduce wait time to begin employment).
With a commitment to health and safety and in order to continue our mission “to provide person-centred services”, Epic Opportunities requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, in a manner approved by Health Canada and Public Health, as a condition of employment for all new employees. (Exceptions and accommodations will be made for those who are exempt from receiving the vaccine due to legitimate, established reasons in accordance with Public Health and Human Rights. In these cases, reasonable supporting documentation will be required.)
Shift premiums for evening and weekend hours.
We are currently recruiting for casual positions with applicants who have flexible availability. This position offers flexible schedules.
Please indicate in your cover letter “CASUAL” when applying for this position.
If you are interested in a career with Epic Opportunities we invite you to submit your resume with cover letter to Human Resources, via email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance; only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.