The Coordinator is responsible for overall day-to-day management of the Epic at Home service areas; meeting the mission and values of Epic Opportunities. This leadership position is responsible for selecting, supervising, guiding, and developing staff, evaluating their performance and dealing with employee relations and disciplinary issues. As well, this position is actively involved in networking, and planning, administration and evaluation of services.
This is a full time (80 hours biweekly) position.
Human Resource Management: Responsible for managing human resources including selection, orientation, training and development, providing leadership, direction and guidance, supervision, resolving conflicts and employee issues, evaluating performance, and providing progressive discipline where necessary. Position is responsible for communicating policies and procedures to managers and staff.
Service Development and Management: Support service development and management by identifying areas for growth and development and actively participate in the strategic planning process. Position works with natural support networks and acts as a resource to address person centred support and service issues, and ensures all legislative and legal requirements are met.
Proposal Development: Identify need for services and initiate or follow-up on the proposal development process. Position develops proposals and participates in negotiating funding.
Service Evaluation: Evaluate services by maintaining regular communication with individuals, staff, families, managers, CSW’s, employers, and external agencies regarding an individual’s desired outcomes and ensures that services are working towards achieving their outcomes. Participate in formal service evaluations. Reports individuals’ need, changes and concerns to the Director.
Advocacy: Promotes the concept of inclusion, full community participation and supported employment to effectively facilitate opportunities for valued roles for individuals.
Administration: Participate in and lead committees which contribute to improvements in services and systems. Responsible for administrative responsibilities such as ensuring the buildings and grounds are maintained, managing transportation services, ensuring records of individuals are kept, approving staff time records and overtime, and monitoring and forecasting expenditures. Position will prepare draft budgets.
Financial Responsibilities: Monitor the management of financial matters including the budget and other funds. Approve invoices for payment. Monitor personal funds of individuals, ensuring that financial care plans are completed and reviewed annually. Monitor the completion of social allowance annual reviews and the completion of income tax. Submit financial information to substitute decision maker as requested and audit monthly financial records of individual. Report discrepancies in funds according to policy.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Human Services or Disability and Community Support Program Diploma is preferred
- Other combination of related education and experience may be considered
- 3 to 5 years leadership experience in a human services setting
- Must have a strong commitment to the philosophy and values of supported living and decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to advocate and promote self-advocacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Continuously be alert, precise and patient, have a good memory and the ability to concentrate, and apply judgment and reasoning
- Frequently required to be resourceful, use multi-tasking, be creative and imaginative, with the ability to problem-solve and negotiate and be capable of understanding an individual’s needs, both emotionally and physically
- Ability to create and maintain partnerships, networks and optimize opportunities for community inclusion and participation for supported individuals
- A valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
With a commitment to health and safety and in order to continue our mission “to provide person-centred services”, Epic Opportunities requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, i as a condition of employment for all new employees. (Exceptions and accommodations will be made for those who are exempt from receiving the vaccine due to legitimate, established reasons in accordance with Public Health and Human Rights. In these cases, reasonable supporting documentation will be required.)
Wage: $21.35-$27.19 per hour, depending on education and experience.
If you are interested in furthering your career with epic opportunities we invite you to submit your resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Fax (204) 560-2829 or Email: email@example.com
Application deadline is September 7, 2022
We thank all applicants in advance; only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.