Epic Opportunities, has been proudly providing supports to adults with intellectual disabilities for the past 50 years. Do you have the skills and the desire to make a difference? We are seeking highly motivated individuals who are committed to providing leadership to a team of people who empower others to live full and meaningful lives. If you are this person we cant wait to meet you!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Employee Benefits Plan (health, dental, vision, prescription drugs, etc.)
- Group RRSP Program
- Three weeks annual vacation
- Discounts at local businesses (gym memberships, cell phone plans, etc.)
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun and supportive team environment
- Epic Opportunities is committed to ongoing training and development
The Senior Manager provides leadership supports to people focusing on; the participation in and contribution to community events and social occasions; developing personal networks for people supports and connect with other community members.
- Giving direction and coaching to direct support professionals while ensuring outcome driven, person centred services for people served by Epic Opportunities and promoting their self-determination.
- Monitoring and evaluating the achievements of outcomes, while ensuring Epic Opportunities core values are at the forefront of every support strategy.
- Provide administration support (i.e. payroll, monitoring of finances, scheduling).
- Recruitment, training and completing orientation, as well as provide on-going feedback to enhance services to people supported.
- On-Call Monday to Friday responding to and addressing calls from your designated work location.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Social Sciences and/or Disability and Community Support Diploma is preferred.
- Previous experience in a leadership or supervisory position related to services for persons with an intellectual disability.
- Other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to display Epic Opportunities Values in all interactions, and role modelling as needed.
- Provide direct support to their team and the persons supported to ensure clear communication and a cohesive team.
- Ability to guide team members to ensure Epic Opportunities policies and VPA legislation is followed.
- Ability to be flexible in their personal schedule to meet the needs of persons served and disability support workers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to listen, understand, problem solve and respond to various situations.
- Current Manitoba Driver’s license and use of personal vehicle (required).
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and both a Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check upon hire at their own expense. To reduce wait times on employment, we suggest that all applicants apply ahead of time. Please be aware that obtaining these documents does not guarantee employment.
With a commitment to health and safety and in order to continue our mission “to provide person-centred services”, Epic Opportunities requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment for all new employees. (Exceptions and accommodations will be made for those who are exempt from receiving the vaccine due to legitimate, established reasons in accordance with Public Health and Human Rights. In these cases, reasonable supporting documentation will be required.)
JOB PROFILE: senior-manager-2014-2016
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.