Epic Opportunities has been proudly providing supports to adults with intellectual disabilities to reach their life goals and build connections in the community for 50 years.
Passionate about helping others? Do you want to work in a supportive environment while building on your skills? Answer yes to any of these questions? We want to hear from you!
No experience, no problem, we provide fully paid training so you receive the necessary tools to help you be successful.
A key focus of our efforts is delivering holistic, person-centred support to people with intellectual with the ultimate goal of empowering people in the community to live their best lives.
Here’s what we have for you:
- Day, evening, weekend or overnight hours. Part-time, and full time positions.
- Flexible schedules.
- Shift premiums, Comprehensive benefits, and RRSP’s for qualifying positions.
What our employees do daily will vary depending on the personal goals and interests of the person or people they are assisting. Some things you could do in your role of a disability support worker include;
- Assistance to develop lasting friendships with neighbors, peers and others
- Exploring areas of interest that expand community involvement
- Assistance with skill development
- Providing people with information to make their own choices
- Assisting people through difficult life situations
- Attending professional appointments
- The ability to read, write and speak English fluently is necessary
- The ability to multitask, problem-solve and take initiative
- Creativity and the ability to be resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to maintain integrity in all situations
The successful applicant will be asked to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and both a Child and Adult Abuse Registry check upon hire at their own expense (in light of long processing times for these checks we encourage applicants to apply early – this will reduce wait time to begin employment
With a commitment to health and safety and in order to continue our mission “to provide person-centred services”, Epic Opportunities requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment for all new employees. (Exceptions and accommodations will be made for those who are exempt from receiving the vaccine due to legitimate, established reasons in accordance with Public Health and Human Rights. In these cases, reasonable supporting documentation will be required.)
Salary: $17.96-19.21 hourly
Please indicate in your cover letter “Epic at Home” when applying for these positions.
If you are interested in a career with Epic Opportunities we invite you to submit your resume with cover letter to Human Resources, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.